The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Beach Time

I went on vacation last week. Woohoo! An entire week at the beach. It may seem like a decent enough time for vacation, but it never ends up being enough. We're thinking 2-3 weeks next time. :) I vacation with some of my closest friends whom I met while in grad school, round 1. (I've been to grad school twice in succession, but that's an entirely separate story). You know that saying about how you don't get to choose your family, but you do get to choose your friends? And they become your chosen family? Or something like that? Well anyway, that's what these friends are to me. They're like my family.

We've been summer-vacationing together for about 6 years. Twice we went to the North Carolina Outer Banks, once we went to San Francisco, and now for the third year running we've gone to Emerald Isle, NC. I absolutely love Emerald Isle, it's one of my favorite places. I hope that we always are able to get together each year and do this. I have this vision of all of us, 10 years from now with our significant others, our kids, and our own personal beach house. It's a lovely vision.

At any rate, I'm terribly depressed now to be home. It seems to be a recurring theme among my beach buddies right now; everyone wishes they were still sitting on the sand, fruity drink or scotch in hand, listening to the waves. Can't wait for next year!

4 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Awwwww. I'm sorry ya'll had to come back, I've tried to convince Jackie and Jason that ya'll just need to go back this week and do it all over again. Let's go!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Sounds like a plan--I'm in! :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

yeah. still sad to be back. makes me miss everyone even more, of course. *sigh* sam, your punk ass should have come down, but hey--maybe next time!!!

miss you, meredith. :(

11:17 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Sounds like fun!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->