The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Friday, October 13, 2006

Counting Down

I've set a date for my thesis defense. It's very exciting. In a terrifying, please-don't-let-me-fail kind of way. I take some comfort in the fact that in only a few weeks my thesis will be turned in and 14 short days after that I'll be done. I expect the manic mood swings characteristic of my last few months to be wrapping up then as well.

I wonder if anyone has ever earned a PhD in clinical psychology (or something related) by studying the mental well-being of other PhD candidates. I think it could be an interesting study.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

That would be fascinating. Put Eddie on that. Except she's not clinical, but whatever.
Congrats on a date! Can't wait til it's over for you!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

Hooray for having a thesis defense date set!! That's fantastic. Good luck in the coming couple weeks. You'll be great!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->