The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Sigh of Relief

Greetings from Dr. Meredith! :D

Eight years of graduate school later (in two different degree programs), I've finally successfully defended my PhD thesis. I don't think I've ever been so happy or relieved about anything in my entire life. There are moments from my defense that still make cringe a little bit (I couldn't have added 2 and 2 at one point if you had asked me), but overall it went well. I think I handled most of my questions well and I actually got off a little bit easy because of a technicality in the rules. I know that thousands of people earn their PhDs every year, but for this weekend at least I am darn proud of myself. :)

My parents came out here to attend my defense and that was really nice too. I think they were a little bit overwhelmed, but I'm glad they got to see it. Neither one really has any idea what I do and I kind of like the thought that I was able to impress them.

4 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

yay for dr. meredith!!! i am so proud of you i could burst! can't wait to see you in person so i can give you a congrtulatory hug!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

Hooray!!! I'm so excited for you, Meredith! I'm sure your parents were completely wow-ed to see you presenting. Congratulations!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How wonderful to be DONE! I hope you are relaxing and enjoying post defense life.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Congratulations Dr.!! That is awesome!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->