The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Thursday, November 09, 2006

So Close

Well, my thesis is turned in. Actually, it has been for nearly a week. I'm still living in fear that one (or more) of my committee members will call me up and say that it's not good enough and I shouldn't defend. But as the days go by and I hear nothing but crickets (and the train that goes by at 4 am outside my apartment), I'm hopeful that they think it's ok.

My defense is a week from tomorrow. I vary between thinking that I'll do well and being completely terrified. At this point, though, I'll be over the moon just to have it done.

3 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

holding my breath with you, girl. can't wait for you to be finished! and i am SURE you will be great, and that in a week, i will be calling you DOCTOR meredith. :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Hooray! Having the thesis in is all but done. I'm sure you'll be wonderful at your defense! Good luck!!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Pigs said...

Wow! Congrats!! Good luck!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->