The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday, a Timeline

4:55 am: Hop out of bed, throw on clothes
5:00 am: Hop in car, head to apartment complex office to drop off rent and go to gym
5:01 am: Drop off rent
5:01:20 am: Stare incomprehendingly at dashboard of car when car won't restart
5:01:20 - 5:06: Continue trying to start car, stare bewilderingly at dashboard and occasionally at key, wonder what that clicking noise means
5:07 am: Abandon car, walk back home, continue bewilderment
5:10-5:25 am: Shower, wonder what time AAA opens, wonder what time car dealership opens, wonder if you'll make it to class by 10:00
5:30 - 6:00 am: Wait for a civilized hour to call for help, panic
6:01 am: Call for help, wake best friend
6:15 am: Return to car with "Please do not tow me" sign
6:15:20 am: Successfully attempt to restart car on a whim, bewilderment, mild cursing
6:16 am: Return home, successfully restart car 10 times in a row
6:17-6:45 am: Panic
7:00 am: Arrive at car dealership, drop off car
7:50 am: Drop off best friend at work, take her car back across town to own office
8:15 am: Traffic jam caused by police training exercise on the highway during Monday morning rush hour
8:40 am: Second traffic jam caused by minor fender bender
9:05 am: Arrive in office
11:30 am: Call car dealership, no word on car
2:00 pm: Call car dealership, no word on car
3:30 pm: Call car dealership, no word on car
4:45 pm: Car dealership calls, don't believe diagnosis but agree to repairs
4:50 pm: Depart office
5:15 pm: Job interview
7:00 pm: Tutoring
8:30 pm: Return to Office

Pigs may have Tuesdays, but apparently I have Mondays.

4 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

this sounds like a pretty crappy day. it also sounds like how my car was acting when my started had died. and also when my alternator went. i LOVE spending money on my car, don't you??? hope today was better.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Pigs said...

That's totally what would happen to me on a Tuesday! In fact, I had one today!
I think your problem might actually be caused by being awake at such a God-forsaken hour. What are you thinking?? I don't think your car likes it either.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Stoooooopid CARS!!!!!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least I hope your job interview went well!!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->