The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Noise

I wish I could somehow record the extremely loud party going on in the apartment right below mine right now. The drunk screeching, the pounding bassline of whatever crap music they are playing, the screaming across the building at someone walking down the street.... If only I could capture these moments so that I could post them and all could then feel the rage I do right now toward my neighbors.

You had better believe my butt will be at my apartment's management office in the morning. This is not the first time (or 10th, for that matter) that this has happened. I pay way too much to live here to have to put up with this kind of crap from the freaking undergrad punks that have moved in below me. I may not be able to do anything about being shat on at work, but I sure as hell will not put up with this.

And I had such high hopes for getting a decent night's sleep tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

there comes a time, my friend, when you have to just be old and go for the big guns. first ask them to shut up. and then--dude, call the cops. it is so worth it if you are as tired as i know you are. and besides, you may meet a cute cop--you never know...

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i certainly agree with jackie. when i was in grad school, i had noisy downstairs undergrad neighbors. i warned them once about the noise, and every single time thereafter when they were loud, i just called the cops. shut them up every time. time in grad school is too precious to waste!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->