The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Temporary Job is Better than No Job

I am extraordinarily thankful this morning to have received a temporary job offer here at the university for the next 6 months. I have job applications out elsewhere, but have yet to hear anything back from any of them so I've been staring impending joblessness dead in the face since I defended. (I had managed to pretty much ignore it while writing, other than to submit a few applications). I have little to no idea what I'll actually be doing in this position, though I know that it won't just be be a continuation of my present research. And for that, I am grateful as well! I think a change of direction right now would do me a world of good. So today is a good day. I am going to be employed, and I am grateful.

3 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

yay for not living in a box! glad something has worked out to give you more time to shop for a new job! (like we'd let you live in a box!!!)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Pigs said...

Yay for a job! It's just so much more important than people think.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

That's great news! It sucks how hard it is to find a job the higher your degree is, dontcha think?

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->