The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Babies, Babies, Babies

I hereby declare 2006 the year of the Baby. Three good friends of mine are having children so far this spring, and all are due within about 10 days of each other. Wow! Plus, another couple I know (my confirmation sponsors, actually!) are also having another child in a couple of months. All this adds up to very few diapers for me personally, but a whole lot of knitting. I have found that I do really enjoy knitting and making baby blankets or little baby hats are nice, fun little projects that I can do for relaxation. I kind of wish I had some friends to knit with around here, as I am all about a little bit of socializing with some tea and knitting and chit-chat, but that's ok. I'm also happy by myself on my couch.

Speaking of babies, here is a picture of my "baby":


She's not actually my dog. She (Clara, the dog) technically belongs to my former roommate, but Clara lived with both of us for about 3 years back on the east coast. So since I helped to raise her I still think she's a little bit mine. I was puppy-sitting for Clara a few weekends back and had my suitcase open to do laundry when Clara decided that my pile of dry cleaning would be the right place to take a nap. I couldn't find her and looked all over the house only to find her nestled in amongst my dress clothes. How cute is that??

3 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

Look at how sweet she is!! Is she a dachsund?
I'm starting to feel like I should learn how to knit....everyone else is doing it!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

You should learn how to knit! Then we can knit together from afar. :)

And yes, she is a very spoiled dachshund. She is sweet, but is also way to smart for her (or anyone else's) good.

11:25 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

heh--i posted about babies yesterday, too. and man at the knitting i have on my list! yes, pigs--learn to knit, and then you can knit over the phone with me and meredith! we can conference you in! :)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->