The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Perfect Dress

Tonight I saw the perfect dress for me to wear for my graduation. Putting aside the fact that I have a Mt. Everest sized amount of work to finish between now and then, it seems an appropriate time to start thinking about the dress and shoes for the ~15 minute graduation ceremony. I like to think I will have earned something fancy like this.

My perfect dress is, of course, from an episode of Sex & the City. Here's a picture of the dress from the HBO website:


I would not look like Sarah Jessica Parker, clearly, but I love the dress. It's chiffon and by Richard Tyler. I'm sure it will be impossible to find the actual dress, but I am hoping I can find something similar. And I am thinking about buying my first really expensive pair of shoes to go with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

I love the dress! And I'm the first person to get excited about a great new outfit for a special occasion. Just remember that it probably won't actually be seen under all your robes. :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Pigs said...

Very pretty! I say go for it!
ps - your shoes will show under your robes!

3:38 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

lovely. i will begin shopping for you immediately. you know how i love to help. :)

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->