The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Long Time No...Post?

Hello friendly readers! It's clearly been a while. I have had very mixed feelings about maintaining my blog for the last several months, hence the dearth of posts. I still am not sure about it, but for the moment I'm here. My temporary job is going relatively well. I generally enjoy what I'm working on and I'm even able to do a bit of research of my own! I've taken on a second project which will keep me employed through the end of the calendar year. In the meantime, I'm working on figuring out what I want to do. In a lot of ways, I'm very conflicted about my career (or lack thereof). I still find it very odd that I'm now Dr. Meredith; I'm rather unsure what to do with myself!

As Jackie can attest, I've been working on a boatload of new knitting since I finished school. I don't have any pictures of recent work at the moment, but hopefully I can take some in the next few days to show off. I've been getting a little more ambitious with my recent projects. I've branched out from making only blankets and scarves and I now have learned how to make things that are not rectangular shaped! Woo! I found a pattern for a baby cardigan that I really like and have made two in quick succession. I'm about halfway through a toddler pullover sweater, too. (It currently has no arms, but the body is done at least). I have even made one legwarmer! I've been rather productive in my newfound spare time.

Also in my free time, I've returned to my roots as a news junkie. :) In the New York Times yesterday, I read about this: scientists have isolated proteins from a Tyrannosaurus rex. Seriously! It's pretty darn awesome, in my opinion. Let's just all agree not to try to clone any dinosaurs, m'k? That cannot possibly end well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

She's back!! We've missed you! Glad to know you're not trapped under something heavy. Maybe you should teach me how to knit in your free time. Is it hard? Looks hard.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Congrats on the second job/project! Employment is a good thing! Well, you were equally Kaylee and Simon with Mal, so I'd consider that A-OK.

good luck with the knitting.

12:31 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

glad you're back, at least for now. i need more mid-workday entertainment. :)

and pigs, knitting's not hard! get meredith to show you how it's done! come to the dark side...

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->