The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Monday, February 27, 2006

New Digs

I'm all moved in. It didn't take long, considering that nearly everything in here I had packed in my car. And my car is not that big. It's starting to feel a little bit more like home now that I have my pictures back up around the place and on my refrigerator. I like to keep pictures of my friends and family up all over my fridge; it makes me happy to see everyone I love all the time!

But...

Let's talk briefly about my packing skills. Not physically putting things into boxes and bags, but choosing what to bring. I brought with me :

8 bottles of wine
7 pairs of shoes
6 tubes of mascara
5 kinds of tea
4 bags of coffee

I did not bring:

an iron
any knives
tools of any sort
pens, pencils, or writing utensils of any kind

In short, I brought nearly nothing useful. (Though on the tools front, I have to say that I am at least creative: I did manage to assemble my brand new, extraordinarily cheap shelves from Target with a butter knife. I also used the heel of a nice pair of boots to hammer in a nail on which I have hung my calendar!) I have managed to fill most of the holes in my packing thanks to Target, but still. My own thought processes, or lack thereof, amaze me sometimes.

Coming up in my next post: pictures!

6 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

But thank goodness you've got the shoes!! Good thinking. Dodged a bullet on that one.

7:02 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

the hippie and i both hope you at least have a wine opener!!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I did bring a bottle opener, no worries. :)

8:44 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I meant a wine opener, not a bottle opener. I don't have a bottle opener.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Corkscrew excellent, no need for a bottle opener, as that is what kitchen counters are for, and really the true experience I'd say of your last semester of college. :-) Welcome Temporarily Home

10:59 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Yay for lots of shoes! Yay for potential pictures!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->