The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Insomnia

I can't sleep. That's why I'm sitting in front of the computer at nearly 1 am on a Saturday night. I've done every sleep inducing task I can think of (short of drinking warm milk because I simply find that foul): I read my book for nearly an hour, I put on some soft lulling music, I closed my eyes and tried to will myself to sleep.....alas, no. Here I sit.

I wish I had something terribly insightful to say. Some terrifically funny or ironic story of the past week to share with you, my 1-3 readers. But I don't. It's been a normal week. I've gone to work during the day, I've come back to the apartment for dinner, I've done some more work at night. I've spent quality time pondering my future, my lot in life, and why there have been no good sitcoms on the air since Friends ended. I've done my laundry, gone to the gym, and made both healthy and non-healthy meals. It's just been another week that I've crossed off the calendar. It makes me kind of sad to have had another 7 days go by and feel like I have nothing tangible to show for it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

I am also perplexed by warm milk and the lack of sitcoms since Friends. I have found How I Met Your Mother to be an adequate substitute. You know, if you're still having this problem on Monday. :o)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I've heard good things about How I Met your Mother....maybe I'll give it a try!

5:45 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

sounds like how i felt all weekend. i was productive. i got a lot done. but somehow lately, it's not feeling like enough. i miss you, man.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Amen to the Friends thing. I feel like it should make me sad that I can't find time to watch tv, but I don't, cause there's really nothing on that I want to see anymore.

You're welcome to come help try to potty train Marianne if you want to make a difference in the world. I mean, that would make a difference in MY world, at least.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->