The Pressure of a Name

This is my opportunity to babble and vent a little bit about things that interest, amuse, and/or annoy me.

Name:
Location: United States

I just finished my Ph.D. Now what do I do?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

As Promised

It was almost two weeks ago that I last posted, I know. So here are the pictures I promised.

My car had a bit of a milestone on the way here. We rolled over to 100,000 miles. Woohoo! I sometimes like to photodocument my trips, so I took a picture to commemorate the occasion.


Alas, that's pretty much the only picture I took during the road trip. It was more of a destination-focused trip and less of a "World's Largest Ball of Twine" trip. Although I do want to see that someday. :)

I used to share a little office with a friend of mine. We didn't have a lot of room, but we got along well. And we had both a door and a window. I was more interested in the door at first, but I grew to enjoy having a window to the outside world. Here's the view from my old office:


I now share a larger office with 4 other people, only one of whom is not an undergraduate. Luckily, things have gone well so far. I get the impression that orders were given before my arrival that they were to be quiet and not bug me. (Which is fine with me!) I have the desk in front of the window and the natural light is nice, but I don't have quite the view I used to:


As to my apartment.... well, I am renting a furnished apartment. And it's great that I didn't have to bring any of my own furniture. But, I still kind of feel like I'm living in someone else's house. Or one of those long-term hotel rooms. I did completely reorganize everything when I first came in. I spent my first few hours here hauling furniture from one room to another. I moved my desk into the den (and out of the bedroom) and am using the kitchen table as more of a storage area than an eating area. But all in all, things are good. Here are a couple of shots:



I can certainly live here for a few months. I do miss home, though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

I am equally excited about your spedometer turning 100,000 miles, but I was most entertained by the fact that you took the picture while driving 70mph.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

:) I was entertained by that as well. But I never would have taken the picture had I not been literally the only person on the road as far as I could see. At least I wasn't breaking the speed limit!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Wow! What a gorgeous view from your old office!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->